Thursday 5 March 2020

Peer Review

Today in class my group members and I peer reviewed another groups film. Lauren wasn't in class today so we had to email her the video in order for her to complete the peer review activity. We received group 3 and their movie was named "Red Dot". On the peer review worksheet we were supposed to identify if they had certain things in their film. For example, some of these things were : an establishing shot, a high angle, or an over the shoulder shot. The film that we reviewed met every requirement except for four things. The four things that they were missing was an establishing shot, a long shot, a shot reverse shot, and an action match. One thing that I really liked about this film was the fact that it had such a unique story. From watching it I figured out that it was about a girl being quarantined and her friend was trying to help her escape. After I figured that out it helped me understand the name of the movie "Red Dot". In the beginning of the film they had a close up of a red dot on someone's am which is where the title came from.Another thing that I liked about the film was the music selection. The music was suspenseful which kept the audience interested in what was going to happen next. This group also had non diegetic sound and diegetic sound which was really good when it came to certain scenes. Although, this group did have a good film I have some suggestions for them. I think that they should add some dialogue in the film. I feel this way because my group and I had to watch it over a couple of times. We did this because we didn't understand what was happening. I feel that if they add dialogue it will help the audience understand what the story that is happening in their film. I think that this activity really helped me understand how others view my groups film.


No comments:

Post a Comment